Clients - Content Strategy
Note: Some sites have altered considerably (or companies have vanished) over the past 15 years, since I worked on them.
• Client list for in-house web writing training.
Petroleum Institute, Washington,
• Develop questionnaire to analyze customer and staff satisfaction with API.org.
• Conduct staff interviews and analysis.
• Next steps: Develop improved site architecture during new CMS implementation.
• Content strategist and information architect for professor, policy anthropologist and award-winning author.
• Site producer, working with Ratchford Designs for graphic design, and Irina Kruzes Design for site management and build-out.
Porter-Novelli Public Relations (New
• Content strategy, site analysis and content editing strategy for new Effexor pharmaceutical site launch.
• Content templates development, language editing, formatting structure.
American Chemical Society, Washington DC
• Content analysis and reorganization for Meetings/Exhibitions section. Audience needs analysis, usability focus, editing and writing, content labeling and identification.
• Staff training for ACS content owners and managers throughout summer 2003.
Click & Pledge, Richmond, Virginia
Company provides top software for a wide range of clients, enabling users to pledge/donate with one click, as well as other services.
• Complete content editorial focus and text formatting, web editing and writing.
• Secondary level IA as needed in certain sections, to clarify content options.
Harvard Medical School
• Content development consulting, audience strategy development, site architecture.
• Language and content usability; audience specific language analysis.
• Alignment with Harvard University site, Harvard Medical School intranet, and online publications goals.
• Best practices development, competition analysis.
National Academies of Science
• Content strategy, formatting and editing for NAS Intranet content.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
NSF's Nifty 50 (Interactive science for the public)
• Editor and producer of science section on NSF's 50th Anniversary web site.
• Interactivity concept development, layout and format.
• Note: text could not be altered in any way.
• Subcontractor through Crabtree + Co.
Site developed by their programmers and artists.
First Washington Realty Trust
• Site Producer and Editor.
• Audience focus, content development.
• Marketing strategy, editing and writing.
• Project management.
NIAID- National institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), "NIAID Fiftieth Anniversary"
• Project management and development
of "NIAID 50th Anniversary" site.
• Concept development, audience focus.
• Image and fact-researching.
• Editing and producing.
• Federal usability issues.
University Primate Center
Dr. Bill Hylander, Director
• Consultant, content strategist and information architect for unique prosimian research and conservation center.
Visual Mining, Inc.
Software development company.
• Marketing development for company repositioning and name change.
• Editor, writer and producer of two new company sites
• Content developer; online content strategies.
• Usability issues, audience development.
Decision Control Demo
• Writer, editor and producer for Visual Mining's new product demo.
National Sea Grant College Program Media Center
• Site redesign and development of Sea Grant Media Center.
• Public audience development and focus.
• Media section development.
• Consolidation of National Sea Grant material.
• Editing and writing, producer and coordinator.
UMBI- University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute
• Audience refocus, content reorganization, content and marketing.
• Writing and editing new and current material.
• Coordination with site graphic designer for project development.
(Note: navigation is not put in yet)
National Association of Science Writers (NASW)
Old Homepage (before redesign)
• Initial site redesign, content restructure, and navigation development.
(Minimal graphical changes, at client request.)
Environmental Protection Agency
• Subcontractor. Project management and development for the "Design for the Environment" program.
• Writing and editing of new and current material.
American Society for Microbiology
"Microbe!" Web site for kids.
• Project director, editor, and science writer for public
communication site about microbes.
• Web team director, site concept development and navigation.
• Audience development; focus group conducted with kids.
• Science writing geared for young people and general public.
• Site design by Karen Dodds, DoddsDesign
AMSC (American Mobile Satellite Corp.)(not online)
• Producer for complete site development.
• Note: this site's homepage has been MUCH altered.
• Site development, navigation and structure.
• Researched and produced various sections on site, plus maintenance.
CASC - The Center for Anthropology and Science Communications
Merry Bruns, Dir.
• Resources for anthropology communications.
Volunteers of America
"The Hill" - Capitol Hill newspaper.
Bank of Mississippi
Volunteer Bank of Tennessee
Roche Pharmaceuticals (corporate Intranet)
Lubbock Symphony Orchestra
George Washington University Medical Center
Copyright 1997-2017 Merry Bruns
All Rights Reserved.
Last update: 1.4.17