20+ years as a specialist
in web content
development and producing, plus
my background in science
me work with your site's
content while understanding
its unique needs.
I'm an NASW and DCSWA member, with a personal focus on communicating anthropology to the public.
Here's how I can help you:
- Reaching diverse audiences online
- Define your audiences-whether science or public-and tailor useful material for both.
- Edit science material for a general audience.
- Ensure your content is understandable by widely diverse readers.
Web formatting and editing
- Format your material for web scannability and comprehension.
- Determine best uses of multimedia, if any, for your material.
- Create solutions for necessarily lengthy documents.
Online communications issues
- Create effective News sections for your organization.
- Organize your content around your organization's communication goals.
- Analyze your competition, and develop models suitable for your material.
- Standardize your organization's branding across your site.
Navigation and site architecture
- Develop a navigation system that makes sense for all your audiences.
- Create standards for putting journal content online.
- Define your navigation terms clearly, eliminating jargon.
- I can evaluate your site in-house with your web team, allowing immediate feedback and problem-solving solutions.
- Consultation will be focused on your site's needs. Please contact me about rates and times.
IN-HOUSE WEB WRITING & EDITING TRAINING
- In-house "web writing" workshops can be given to anyone in your organization dealing with your site's content.
- In-house training ensures that everyone learns the same things, and discussion will be based around your site's issues.
- Speaking and demos for conferences, or in-house, are also available.
- Please contact me to discuss customization using your organization's own material for both workshops and demos.
Copyright 1997-2017 Merry
All Rights Reserved.
Last update: 1.4.17